Elizabeth Macarthur – The Cover!

For release in April 2018. I know – too soon and not nearly soon enough! And yes, the farm in the painting is Elizabeth Farm, where Elizabeth Macarthur lived for most of her life.

For more info see The Text Publishing 2018 catalogue (page 28).

15 Comments

1. Gail Rehbein November 3, 2017 at 11:06 am - Reply

Oh my goodness! This is so exciting! I can’t imagine how you must be feeling Michelle.

2. wadholloway November 3, 2017 at 11:57 am - Reply

Looks great! How are the blurbs going for the back cover?

• Michelle Scott Tucker November 3, 2017 at 12:10 pm - Reply

Thanks and blurbs – no idea! All that stuff remains a mystery, and they drip feed me info on a need-to-know basis.

3. Lisa Hill November 3, 2017 at 12:36 pm - Reply

That is a very enticing cover, and a very nice enticing sub title too. Well done to Text!

• Michelle Scott Tucker November 3, 2017 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Thanks Lisa. A friend suggested ‘Sheep, Pray, Love’ which, I confess, I think is a better title but Publisher thought not…

4. Nathan Hobby November 4, 2017 at 11:25 pm - Reply

So exciting – and I didn’t know your title till now; a wonderful choice.

5. whisperinggums November 11, 2017 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Just catching up. Looks gorgeous Michelle. You must be getting so excited. And I think the title and subtitle look great.

• Michelle Scott Tucker November 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Thanks Sue – and yes, I’m super excited. A bit like a toddler on red cordial, really.

6. […] accepted into Hard Copy (with a finely polished first chapter) way back in April 2015 through to book launch/release in April next […]

7. Margo Devlin April 24, 2018 at 5:36 am - Reply

I am a descendant of Isabella Leach Hacker. She was the only member of the family that remained in England. Do you have any photos of family?
    Elizabeth would be my G. G. G. Aunt!
    Can’t wait to read your book!
    Margo Devlin

• Michelle Scott Tucker April 24, 2018 at 8:55 am - Reply

Hi Margo, how wonderful. As you probably already know, Isabella married Thomas Hacker, and had seven daughters – the eldest of whom she named Elizabeth Veal (without the e). Late in life Isabella and her husband emigrated to Prince Edward Island, Canada (probably with their youngest daughter). Her descendants there still have her bible, and the family tree inscriptions written inside it are available online at http://www.islandregister.com/bibles/ehenry.html Hope you enjoy the book!

• Michelle Scott Tucker April 24, 2018 at 9:00 am - Reply

Oops – photos! Photography wasn’t introduced until Elizabeth was an old woman. There is one (tinted photo) of her that you can see at http://michellescotttucker.com/2017/01/29/elizabeth-macarthur-died-today/ My book has images (paintings) of six of Elizabeth’s children, but none of her half-sister Isabella, or of Isabella’s parents. I’m not sure any such images exist – they weren’t wealthy people so portraits weren’t really an option.

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you...

%d bloggers like this: